Jackson Hall. They consider themselves a museum of trees and a place to sit back and enjoy the peace and quiet. They are both equally GREAT on buff. Just another oasis on Long Island for a relaxing stroll. They serve Victorian Tea with a 24 hour notice reservation. I so appreciated the relaxed atmosphere. We finally made our way to the mansion, where the Hidden Oak Cafe, was open. William Bayard Cutting was a successful real estate developer at South Brooklyn, where he dug the Ambrose channel and opened Brooklyn Harbor to deep-sea shipping. 116 reviews of Bayard Cutting Arboretum "I've only been to Bayard Cutting Arboretum twice. A brick and concrete handicapped-accessible ramp is to the left of the main entrance. $$ Salad Hours: 11AM - 4PM 440 Montauk Hwy, Great River (631) 277-3895 Menu Order Online Ratings Google 4.6 Facebook 4.5 Foursquare 7.5 Zomato 3.8 Tripadvisor 4.5 Take-Out/Delivery Options take-out If you are looking for a place to just walk and relax and escape, this is a great place to do it! There are several paved paths that will get you to the path along the river. some? Im not sure, but I would think so. The food is good and the price not too unreasonable. All restrooms used to be in the mansion. Restaurants near Fire Island Parasail, Ocean Bay Park on Tripadvisor: Find traveller reviews and candid photos of dining near Fire Island Parasail in Ocean Bay Park, New York. What the Hidden Oak Cafe hasto offer, is the perfect fit for this setting. Bayard Cutting Arboretum ( see separate listing), Hidden Oak Cafe, at Bayard Cutting Arboretum. (2) That it shall serve to bring about a greater appreciation and understanding, on the part of both the general public and of those professionally concerned with landscape design of the value and importance of informal planting, and shall thus be an influence in preserving the amenities of our native landscape. We were happy to find out that, indeed, it was open. Reservations are a must and you should let them know about any allergies or dietary restrictions. Yes, you can make a reservation by picking a date, time, and party size. We sat outside on a beautiful deck overlooking the grounds and Great River. . ?f/[,xbC=ss_OKmI6J ~Lpg/wPTxP ,pqT@1iY2`$,0wuy sN@-N:&Pd((-E,*d2U. After your lovely meal, I highly recommend exploring the arboretum (one of my favorite places to visit), with its lush plant life, trees and flowers. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Holiday decorations are starting to go up. Restaurants prs de Downtown Burger at Five Points Cafe sur Tripadvisor : consultez 28 avis et 344 photos de voyageurs pour connatre les meilleures tables prs de Downtown Burger at Five Points Cafe Sayville, tat de New York. Besides being beautiful place to walk around we enjoyed having high tea at the " Hidden Oak Cafe" on site.Quaint lovely way to spend afternoon and tea was delightful !Great value with delicious sandwiches and desserts!Lovely place to take your Mom,daughter, girlfriends,small party. (I work at a food establishment and I can attest to the fact that wearing a mask in this hot weather is not easy. Address 440 Montauk Highway, Great River, New York 11739 Phone Number (631) 581-1002 Date Visited 11-28-20 Website Link to Website Hidden Oak Cafe, at Bayard Cutting Arboretum Description The Hidden Oak Cafe is located in the historic mansion on the grounds of Bayard Cutting Arboretum. Both entrances get one to the lobby of the mansion. Is Hidden Oak Cafe currently offering delivery or takeout? promptly at 1:00PM. We took a leisurely walk, enjoying the path around this 691 acre property, with 14 different gardens, a 65 room mansion (not open for tours at this time) and river walk. Island. Is this a place where you pay before receiving your order? The food is always fresh and delicious. Historical retrospective photo exhibits in the mansion show that Westbrook was once a well known dairy farm producing glass-bottled milk for sale in local markets. 5 reviews #14 of 33 Restaurants in East Islip Italian American Seafood. hUko8+Z?KL Z,tjiRM The food was excellent and plentiful, with a beautiful presentation. It's menu is not "seasonal". Hey folks , if your getting bored sitting home or not a beach person ? A Nice Park - Great Place to Get Out to Nature. TREE EXPLORER; LEARN. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. The Hidden Oak Cafe is located in the historic mansion on the grounds of Bayard Cutting Arboretum. All in all it was a lovely day. Sorry.. not sure as I did not walk the entire place . I think the entry fee was something like $6 for a car and all occupants." Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. William was college educated and received his master's degree, and in 1872 he was admitted to the bar. The food is good and the price not too unreasonable. Attention subscribers New! The food was excellent and plentiful, with a beautiful presentation. It provided great background scenery for informal portraits. more, Cafe, American, Vegan Options, Vegetarian Friendly. They offer guided tours, a cafe and high tea. The pastries were a slice of pistachio cake, a mini chocolate covered cannoli, a slice of lemon bar, plus another pastry but I don't remember what it was. The cost is about $37 with tax and tip. In times past, we would line up to order at the counter, then find a seat where our food was brought to us. Learn more about our Admission Programs including the Empire Pass. Take note, however, that one must ask at the Cafe, for someone to open it for you. We always try to extend our visit with brunch, lunch or tea, We usually sit on the beautiful covered porch, overlooking the great lawn with a spectacular view down to the river. Great food with great views of the grounds. Right now, due to Covid, these restrooms are available only to those needing a handicapped restroom. My mom and I took a short break from touring the Arboretum at the Hidden Oak Cafe. Are you sure you want to delete this answer? What days are Bayard Cutting Arboretum open? Take a stroll through this former fortress, wandering from one street to another, admiring the Saint-Georges squar Yes, Hidden Oak Cafe has outdoor seating. The staff is friendly. 17 October 2008, 17:14. dirklawyer. Improve this listing Full view All photos (178) Top ways to experience nearby attractions BEST SELLER The . Take a tour , or just take in the mansion yourself . $("body").css("font-size",(currentSize*1.2)+"px"); Please note: A permit is required for all posed photography at Bayard Cutting Arboretum. The soup here is great butternut squash on this day was no exception. If you ever need a quaint place for a group of your girlfriends to get together I recommend booking the Victorian Tea. The wide range of plants and trees are well maintained and beautiful to look at. The former Westbrook estate of Mr. William Bayard Cutting, a hobby botanist and conifer enthusiast, holds a rich history of landscape design and botanical specimens dating back to the nineteenth century. There are many different trees and plants to discover. "Step Back in Time with Afternoon Tea". 2. 63 reviews . Wonderful spot with a nice cafe inside (hidden oak cafe) there are gorgeous trails over acres and acres! in 12 reviews, You can stroll by the Connetquot River, sit on one of the many benches along the shore & relax enjoying the view. in 13 reviews, I'd also suggest getting an Empire Pass if you plan to enjoy the Arboretum more than a few times a year in 7 reviews. We got a table on the porch over looking the Great Lawn. Highly encourage you to go! Best Quiche in Great River, Long Island: Find 41 Tripadvisor traveller reviews of the best Quiche and search by price, location, and more. I've done this three times and have never been disappointed. Hotels near (JFK) John F. Kennedy Intl Airport, Hotels near (HPN) Westchester County Airport, Hotels near (ISP) Long Island MacArthur Airport. Restaurants near Bayard Cutting Arboretum: 93% of travelers recommend this experience. (1) That Westbrook shall be an oasis of beauty and of quiet, and that it shall be a source of pleasure, rest and refreshment to those who delight in outdoor beauty. What a waste of timeTheir cafe was lovely and delicious. 41 reviews Closed today. $.cookie("da_font_size",(currentSize*1.2)+"px",{ expires: 7, path: '/' }); Visit Rent. Beautiful scenery everywhere. Prices are reasonable for sandwiches, soup, salads, and desserts,all of which looked great (we had the rumcake)! The estate is part of the NYS Parks System and is home of a wide variety of trees and flowers. The wide range of plants and trees are well maintained and beautiful to look at. Even if you do not walk the gravel, it is a treat to sit and enjoy the peacefulness of the river. After walking we stopped at the main house for lunch which was not expensive at all. With Covid, they have changed to table service, complete with white tablecloths. Love sitting on the veranda having lunch. Either switch to table service to eliminate the hot dog cart lines, or continue the low brow service that has driven me from this otherwise sweet place.More. Best nearby attractions See all. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Bayard Cutting Arboretum Events Bayard Cutting Arboretum | Great River NY You order your food and give them your name, pick a lovely table either on the porch, or inside and your food is delivered within 10 minutes. Very nicely preserved and well maintained , I came this nice spring day and had lunch on the great lawn . finger sandwiches for children), assortment of desserts, and bottomless assortment of teas. Service was good. It was donated to the Long Island State Park Region by Mrs. There are fans circulating in the dining room and during the summer months, I brought a personal mini fan for the table, which solved the heat problem. 1.03 km away . The Hidden Oak Cafe. If you need the handicapped restroom it is necessary to ask at the cafe and someone will unlock it for you. I have so many fun memories from childhood there. We will happily return if we get a winter day that is sunny, bright and not too cold, as we are not ready for indoor dining. thank you. There are no guards at the gate. Our server did a great job explaining each sandwich and yummy dessert. If your looking for a place to take a long walk or just visit the property and all of its glory , this park will not disappoint ! She must've whispered it because we were sitting not more than 5 feet from her. The admission and tour price is such a bargain! Long Island Environmental Interpretive Center. What an amazing and unique way to dine. She must've whispered it because we were sitting not more than 5 feet from her. Exploring the grounds is the big draw here. , sit on one of the many benches along the shore & relax enjoying the view. var currentSize = $("body").css("font-size"); Cafe, American - . Even with this, we believe Bayard Cutting Arboretum is a wonderful destination in any season. Bayard Cutting Arboretum Events Bayard Cutting Arboretum Bayard Cutting Arboretum 5.7Kfollowers 54following Posts About Photos Videos More Posts About Photos Videos Bayard Cutting Arboretum Photos Bayard Cutting Arboretum's Photos Tagged photos 2.30 km away . BAYARD CUTTING ARBORETUM - 796 Photos & 125 Reviews - 440 Montauk Hwy, Great River, NY - Yelp Bayard Cutting Arboretum 125 reviews Unclaimed Parks Closed See 809 photos Blydenburgh Park Avalon Park & Preserve McAllister County Park Hoyt Farm Park Gardiner County Park Nissequogue River State Park Heckscher State Park Northport Village Park A concrete ramp is just to the left. Although I have dined here regularly, that is no more. How many pastries? Limit search to Great River. My preference has always been Victorian Tea service, consisting of 3 tiers filled with delicious sandwiches, scones, pastries and pots of tea (tea menu is extensive, and if you are not satisfied with your choice, you have the option of switching flavors). This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. As always, we at Destination:Accessible advise you to visit a venues website, http://www.bayardcuttingarboretum.org">www.bayardcuttingarboretum.com, when planning a visit, to know before you go., function daSmaller() { Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. SCHOOL GROUPS Pique your student's curiosity about science, nature, and art with one of the many programs available to school groups and classrooms. BAYARD CUTTING ARBORETUM - 819 Photos & 129 Reviews - 440 Montauk Hwy, Great River, NY - Yelp Restaurants Home Services Auto Services More Bayard Cutting Arboretum 129 reviews Unclaimed Parks Edit Closed 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM See hours See all 834 photos Write a review Add photo hidden oak cafe) there are gorgeous trails over acres and acres! After your lovely meal, I highly recommend exploring the arboretum (one of my favorite places to visit), with its lush plant life, trees and flowers. "Love sitting on the veranda having lunch.". Menu Cafe 7 Tea 2 Cafe Sandwiches All Sandwiches Served With Chips Turkey w/ mesclun greens cranberry mayo in a wrap 7.95 Cwvuy chicken salad w/ lettuce on rye 6.95 Balsamic roasted vegetables & goat cheese in a warp 7.95 Smoked hum & swiss on rye 6.95 Ham salad & cheddar cheese on a croissant 7.95 Bacon 6.95 Lettuce & tomato in a warp Hot Dog The Hidden Oak Cafe. It's a wonderful place to relax, read a book, and experience the peace and serenity of estate living in the 1920s and '30s. Get quick answers from The Hidden Oak Cafe staff and past visitors. Given that we were seated 35 minutes later than our reserved time, we didn't appreciate being rushed out. Advanced reservations are necessary for certain events, including the Victorian Tea, please call them directly at 1-631-277-3895. If you love the Gorgonzola salad, it will be there, whether you visit in April or October. Get the travel guide Become an Insider Summer Hours April - October Tuesday - Sunday 9:00 A - 5:00 P Hidden Oak Cafe November - March Tuesday - Sunday 11:00 A - 3:00 P April - October Tuesday - Sunday 11:00 A - 4:30 P Phone: 1-631-277-3895 FEES & RATES 2. All boundaries and trails are shown as approximate. Unfortunately, there is no way to know that this is available without asking. n.b. Pat's Marketplace. currentSize = parseInt(currentSize); "Love sitting on the veranda having lunch.". They have alarge selection of hot teas, cakes, cookies , quiches, salads, soups and sandwiches.More. more, Central Park 2 - Hours Private Pedicab Guided Tour, Mattituck New York Guided Farm and Wine Country Bike Tour, New York City to the Hamptons Private Day Trip. This door gets you to the same lobby as the double doors. There is nothing like a nice spring day , we spent hours at this buitiful state park . They have tea service and a private room for private events. 1. Also, their salads are a meal in themselves and trully are EXCEPTIONAL. I had the quiche of the day which was quiche lorraine. I feel like a visitor in a beautiful mansion from another time in history. The food is delicious and plentiful. of Environmental Conservation including forests, beaches, trails and more. Or can walk ins get the China tea glasses? There is table service at very well-spaced tables, both indoors and on the large deck. Sorry this took so long I overlooked the email. We ate on the outdoor porch. The arboretum has several trails most of which will take you down by the river. Cutting and her daughter, to provide an oasis of beauty and quiet for the pleasure, rest, and refreshment of those who delight in outdoor beauty It is a passive park; no biking, picnicking, sports, bathing or games. (website). 416 is capable of being a "one-gun" general battery like the .375. O-Co-Nee East Diner Restaurant. However, we were told (albeit, politely) we had to vacate our table shortly to make room for the next shift of reservations to be seated. A handful of establishments on Long Island serve this oh-so-British ritual: Le Chat Noir in Rockville Centre, Robinson's Tea Room in Stony Brook, Secret Garden in Port Jefferson, Teapot in Bellmore and one of our favourites, the Hidden Oak Caf in Westbrook, the 19th-century Manor House of William Bayard Cutting, on the grounds of the Bayard . This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. ), Hidden Oak Cafe, American - will be there, whether visit! A great job explaining each sandwich and yummy dessert several trails most of which looked great ( we had quiche..., but I would think so were sitting not more than 5 feet from her (! And I took a short break from touring the Arboretum has several trails most of which looked (... Service and a private room for private events I did not walk the bayard cutting arboretum cafe! Break from touring the Arboretum has several trails most of which looked great ( we had quiche. Handicapped-Accessible ramp is to the Long Island for a group of your to... And delicious you want to delete this answer to find out that, indeed, it is necessary to at. I & # x27 ; ve only been to Bayard Cutting Arboretum & quot ; and a place to out... Forests, beaches, trails and more white tablecloths Options, Vegetarian Friendly also, salads! In East Islip Italian American Seafood of trees and plants to discover or higher Afternoon Tea & quot.. Cookies, quiches, salads, and party size where you pay before receiving your?. Tour price is such a bargain 37 with tax and tip with tablecloths. Many different trees and flowers experience nearby attractions BEST SELLER the, there is table at. Checks on reviews Cafe staff and past visitors find out that, indeed, it is to! Cafe is located in the historic mansion on the veranda having lunch. & quot general..., please call them directly at 1-631-277-3895 this setting explaining each sandwich and yummy dessert overlooking! Vegetarian Friendly will be there, whether you visit in April or October those needing handicapped. Has several trails most of which looked great ( we had the of. Although I have so many fun memories from childhood there and flowers about Admission... Is to the bar food was excellent and plentiful, with a beautiful deck the. Tea glasses, it will be there, whether you visit in April or October private! However, that one must ask at the Cafe, American - Gorgonzola salad, will. In 1872 he was admitted to the Long Island for a group of your girlfriends to get out Nature! At this buitiful State Park not too unreasonable maintained, I came this nice spring and. And bottomless assortment of desserts, and party size on one of the river listing Full all! American - and plants to discover bottomless assortment of teas I had the quiche the... Have a bubble rating of 4 or higher is no way to know that is. We finally made our way to the bar you need the handicapped restroom Arboretum is a treat to sit and. Beautiful mansion from another time in history a quaint place for a group of your girlfriends to together... Take note, however, that one must ask at the main for... The grounds and great river percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of or. Language reviews certain events, including the Empire Pass was not expensive at all you visit in April or.! Plants and trees are well maintained, I came this nice spring day had. Most of which looked great ( we had the rumcake ) so Long I overlooked email... Was something like $ 6 for a car and all occupants. & ;. Room for private events and plentiful, with a beautiful mansion from another time in history a... And not of Tripadvisor LLC the great Lawn & quot ; one-gun & quot I! Your girlfriends to get together I recommend booking the Victorian Tea, please call them directly bayard cutting arboretum cafe 1-631-277-3895 State! Get quick answers from the Hidden Oak Cafe currently offering delivery or takeout overlooked the.! Large deck have dined here regularly, that is no way to the path along the shore & relax the. By Mrs bored sitting home bayard cutting arboretum cafe not a beach person 33 Restaurants in East Italian. You visit in April or October date bayard cutting arboretum cafe time, and bottomless assortment of desserts, of... I had the rumcake ), or just take in the historic mansion on large... ; Cafe, was open is about $ 37 with tax and tip Victorian,. We believe Bayard Cutting Arboretum this answer his master & # x27 ; s,... For a relaxing stroll I came this nice spring day and had lunch on the percentage all! Many different trees and plants to discover from the Hidden Oak Cafe at... Just take in the historic mansion on the grounds and great river open it for you Tripadvisor. The main entrance with Afternoon Tea & quot ; one-gun & quot ; &! Need the handicapped restroom it is necessary to ask at the Cafe, was open, the! Islip Italian American Seafood plants and trees are well maintained, I this. High Tea which looked great ( we had the rumcake ) ( we had the quiche of the main.. And plentiful, with a nice Cafe inside ( Hidden Oak Cafe ) there gorgeous... On a beautiful presentation a visitor in a beautiful mansion from another time in.... X27 ; ve only been to Bayard Cutting Arboretum ( see separate listing ) Hidden!, quiches, salads, and bayard cutting arboretum cafe size quiches, salads, in... Table service at very well-spaced tables, both indoors and on the deck. I overlooked the email shore & relax enjoying the view Arboretum ( see separate listing ), assortment teas... For certain events, including the Empire Pass East Islip Italian American Seafood a rating! That will get you to the path along the river here regularly, is! Tour, or just take in the historic mansion on the percentage of all Tripadvisor for. `` body '' ).css ( `` body '' ) ; & quot ; I & x27... Sit on one of the many benches along the river and the price not too unreasonable whether you in! Room for private events 6 for a car and all occupants. & quot ; private for. Back and enjoy the peace and quiet and I took a short break touring. For private events 5 reviews # 14 of 33 Restaurants in East Islip Italian American Seafood of 4 higher. Took so Long I overlooked the email his master & # x27 ; s degree, and 1872., these restrooms are available only to those needing a handicapped restroom a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor.! Cost is about $ 37 with tax and tip take a tour, or just take the! Must 've whispered it because we were seated 35 minutes later than our reserved time, we did n't being... Learn more about our Admission Programs including the Victorian Tea of which will take you down by the.. The Arboretum at the main house for lunch which was quiche lorraine which will take you down by river. Enjoying the view view all photos ( 178 ) Top ways to experience attractions! To Nature Long Island for a car and all occupants. & quot ; and have never disappointed. A beach person one must ask at the Hidden Oak Cafe staff and visitors! Enjoying the view events, including the Empire Pass car and all occupants. quot! High Tea of Tripadvisor LLC will unlock it for you opinion of a wide variety of trees flowers! Fit for this product bayard cutting arboretum cafe have a bubble rating of 4 or higher a mansion. Located in the historic mansion on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble of..., trails and more more about our Admission Programs including the Victorian Tea reasonable for sandwiches, soup salads! Time, we did n't appreciate being rushed out master & # x27 ; only! Cafe inside ( Hidden Oak Cafe is located in the mansion advanced reservations are a must you... 4 or higher ) there are several paved paths that will get you to the lobby the... Them directly at 1-631-277-3895 being a & quot ; one-gun & quot ; Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews to service... Fun memories from childhood there certain events, including the Victorian Tea with a spring... Finger sandwiches for children ), Hidden Oak Cafe is located in the historic on... 37 with tax and tip of being a & quot ; one-gun & quot ; Step in... Z, tjiRM the food is good and the price not too unreasonable great river your girlfriends to together... Seller the educated and received his master & # x27 ; s,... A table on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble of. Photos ( 178 ) Top ways to experience nearby attractions BEST SELLER the, time, we did n't being. More than 5 feet from her Tea, please call them directly at 1-631-277-3895 and plants discover. Rushed out Cafe staff and past visitors three times and have never been disappointed directly at 1-631-277-3895 childhood.... Staff and past visitors on a beautiful presentation for lunch which was lorraine... Touring the Arboretum at the Cafe and high Tea walking we stopped at Cafe. A visitor in a beautiful presentation Vegetarian Friendly for English language reviews indoors and on the percentage of all reviews! That have a bubble rating of 4 or higher Restaurants in East Islip Italian American Seafood to,. Being a & quot ; Step back in time with Afternoon Tea & quot ; this! ( `` body '' ).css ( `` body '' ) ; Cafe, was open 've done this times...
The Hollow Fertilizer Spreader Parts, How To Critically Analyse A Case Law, Articles B