Fatayer is a Middle Eastern meat pie that is filled with either meat and pine nuts, spinach or cheese (such as feta.) http://hadiaslebanesecuisine.com/newsite/recipe-items/sfeeha-lebanese-meat-pies/Are you ready guys to make with me an extra ordinary Lebanese crowd-pleaser? Calories per Ingredient. Oooo that sounds amazing!!! Many Lebanese restaurants serve Moroccan and other regional dishes as well. So you can make a double (or even triple batch) and have them prepared for months! Since I'm the one who likes spicy foods, I made half with harissa (I had a jar in the pantry that I picked up on closeout, then never got around to using it) and half with Heinz 57 and cheese (a sort of cheeseburger fatayer). Also, Id appreciate a recipe card rating below, and tag me in your recipe recreations on Instagram @Alphafoodie! Add steak pieces, onions, parsley, salt, and pepper and cook until steak is browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. With the help of a spoon, spread the mix on top of each of the 4 man'ouche. Exercise. You can also subscribe without commenting. The fatayer, like most regional food has familial and regional differences but they all look and taste similar. I am all about simple salads to pair with spinach pies. How does this food fit into your daily goals? You're awesome for doing it! Percentages are based on a diet of 2000 calories a day. They are made with a simple dough recipe thats stuffed with a spiced ground beef and onions mixture and baked until golden, usually in a pizza oven. Drain the excess grease from the meat then stir in the flour. Using a stand mixer fitted with the hook attachment or by hand, slowly work the wet ingredients into the dry, adding the remaining 3/4 cup water slowly. Let sit in an oiled tray until doubled, about 30 minutes. Your email address will not be published. As a medical student, walking home from a late night shift at the now closed LICH (Long Island College Hospital), an aroma drew me to a basement bakery making these meat or spinach pies. Lebanese Meat Pies, otherwise known as Sfeehas, are triangles of bread dough that are baked with a rich, warm flavored ground beef mixture. bulgur wheat, beef, ground cumin, chopped parsley, salt, onions and 4 more. I find Middle Eastern food less intimidating than most. It puts a smile on my face. My roots are from the Mediterranean and many of my recipes incorporate those flavors! Please leave a 5-starrating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page. Remove from the heat. I would use the same amount around 3/4 cup tomatoes. Continue to cook for 8-9 more minutes. Saut the onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Oh great to know thank you for the tip on the dough!!!! Lightly brush a baking sheet with a bit of oil and then spread the sfiha over it, making sure not to overcrowd the tray (otherwise, they won't crisp up). Open the packet of dough, take out two sheets of dough, while keeping the rest covered at all times. Thank you for the recipe and the tip of using store-bought pizza dough! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. Next, crimp the edges together to seal. Calories 355.2; Cholesterol: 34.0 mg: Sodium: 507.7 mg: Potassium: 162.4 mg: . My son made these last year for a school assignment on cultural foods (my kids are Lebanese/Syrian on their dads side. Chicken Drumstick. Home Middle Eastern Recipes, Published: Jan 22, 2021 Updated: Jan 22, 2021 by Hilda Sterner | This post may contain affiliate links 4 Comments. Give it a stir. Did you make this recipe? Can they be made ahead and reheated, or can I at least make the filling a day ahead, then assemble and bake them on Tuesday? Every time I have tried to use someone elses dough, IT JUST DOESNT MAKE IT!!! Prepare Sambousek Dough. Turmeric Rosemary No-Knead Focaccia Bread, Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto (Pesto Rosso | Red Pesto), 25+ Valentines Day Desserts The Ultimate Decadent Recipes, How To Cut An Onion (Peel, Slice, Dice, And Chop), Crunchy Pickled Okra (Canning & Preserving), Whats in Season January Produce and Recipes. Pinch the two new seams closed. Here are the foods from our food nutrition database that were used for the nutrition calculations of this recipe. The favorite choice for the term Pies is 1 piece of Apple Pie which has no cholesterol. Add the chopped onion, and two tablespoons of avocado oil. By using real ingredients with an emphasis on seasonality, Liz has built a growing audience of loyal readers who crave good food for their families. Total Time: 32 mins. Fill each dough round with enough beef mixture to fill the dough but leave room around the edges to close the meat pie. Carbs: 0g. You could also serve them with this cucumber yogurt sauce. Hey Terry, Community. Repeat until you run out of dough. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. 40 g, leaves stripped off, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped. Whisk together the flour and salt in a mixer bowl or medium bowl. Sift flour, salt, and baking powder into a mixing bowl. When the oil reaches 375 degrees F, or bubbles as soon as you add the Sambousek, it is ready for frying. Alternatively, a tahini sauce would also taste nice. Thanks for posting this! They make for a nice entree or appetizer. Read More, Copyright 2023 A Cedar Spoon | Wisteria on Trellis Framework by Mediavine. Thanks in advance! Yours look so nice. You could go down quite a rabbit hole doing this. Just look up List of soups and click on the Wikipedia article. Add the pine nuts and cook until golden brown. Mix well together. Nutrition information provided is an estimate. Stir in lemon juice. Or, if you prefer to cheat, use a pastry crimping tool. Bake on a lined baking sheet until golden brown. I love the way those spices work together to create a warm, rich flavor. The name entered English from Turkish: lahmacun and Armenian: lahmaun, both of which derive from the Arabic: , lam ajn, lam bi-ajn, meaning meat with dough. These are middle Eastern foods! With exercise demos, workout routines and more than 500 recipes available on the app, MyFitnessPal gives members a wellness roadmap for anything from the best fat burning workouts to healthy foods to eat. For the egg wash: in a small bowl whisk egg yolks, water, salt and nigella seeds. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Your email address will not be published. https://irielemon.com/events/lebanese-cooking-class-march-2021/. Stir to combine, reduce heat to very low and cover up. Cooking the Beef and Cheddar Hand-Pie Filling. Usually Pomegrante molasses is used. So whether your goal is walking for weight loss, tracking the foods you eat, or something else entirely, MyFitnessPal has the tools you need to start your fitness and health journey today. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden in color. Roll each ball into an oval shape (14x8 cm). Here you will find quick & easy weeknight meal ideas, kid-friendly recipes and a few sweet treats. 9. Pour the yeast mixture into the bowl. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Lahembajin basically consists of a thin, round, flat bread topped with a mixture of ground meat, vegetables and herbs that is then baked in a wood fired oven. Known under many names, these Lebanese meat pies (sfiha/lahmacun) combine a simple flatbread dough with flavorful ground beef, tomato, and onion topping, either as open-face Lebanese pizza or folded into triangle closed pies! Premium Lebanese Cheese Pie Ooen-Faced Cheese Pie . Let dough rest 20-30 minutes. Next, sift in the flour with salt and baking powder and knead the dough for 3 minutes. You can also roll, but its easier to press them out instead. Your email address will not be published. active dry yeast, kosher salt, black pepper, cinnamon, lemon and 9 more. Fatayer jenbeh or cheese pies are popular arabic pastries. Choose the one you find the easiest. place 1 tablespoon of meat mixture in the middle. I'll share instructions for deep-frying, baking, and air-frying the mini-meat pies until they are golden brown, crunchy, and irresistible! Add the tomatoes, and the ground lamb. Place some of the beef filling in the middle of each circle. Find calories, carbs, and nutritional contents for Ooen-Faced Cheese Pie and over 2,000,000 other foods at MyFitnessPal . 120 calories of Ground beef, lean, (1.60 oz) 91 calories of Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, unenriched, (0.20 cup) 61 calories of Whole Wheat Flour, (0.15 cup) Sambousek are either fried or baked and are traditionally served as "Mezza," or as an "appetizer.". 9. To make the dough: In a small bowl, combine warm water, sugar and yeast. Add the beef and onions and cook until the beef is browned, about 8-10 minutes. By . An easy version of a traditional Middle Eastern meat pie made with grass-fed beef, onions and a blend of common spices. If its too sticky add flour until the dough forms a ball and pulls away from the side. You should be able to divide the dough into at least 25-30 pieces. Calories per serving of Lebanese Meat Pie/Pizza. STEP 2: Add softened butter and mix with a paddle attachment until combined. Learn how your comment data is processed. Fry Sambousek until golden brown, or approximately 5 minutes, turning once. Let the dough rest for a few minutes. Finally, remove the sfiha/sfeeha from the oven, allow them to cool for a few minutes, and enjoy! To start, take a large mixing bowl and add water, milk, sugar, and yeast to it. In a small bowl add egg and water and whisk with a fork until combined, set aside. When I was a kid, my dad picked them up occasionally from a Lebanese bakery near his work in St. Louis and would bring them home for us to scarf up. Remove from heat and stir in toasted pine nuts, yogurt and lemon juice. The spices in this pie actually come from a spice blend called Baharat but I have broken down the blend for you so that you dont have to make a big batch of this blend in order to make this recipe. Serve the dish hot or cold with fresh lemon juice and plain yogurt. Create a well in the center and add the oil and proofed yeast mixture. You will want to make sure if you use diced tomatoes that you drain the juices from them. Cook util the beef is browned and the onions are soft. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Or if the if it has more flour, add 1//4 cup of water. These were so good. What should I make for dinner tonight? How to Make Lebanese Spinach Pies. Shanklish can be eaten both fresh and aged for different tastes. To begin folding the dough into a triangle, bring the bottom third up over the meat then bring another third of the dough to the first fold and pinch together to form a tight seal. Enjoy! Please read our disclosure policy. If you dont like onions feel free to leave them out! As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small percentage from qualifying Amazon purchases. Serve while hot! Once the dough has risen, transfer it to a lightly floured surface and divide it into pieces around the size of a ping-pong/ golf ball. You can enjoy them cold, or reheat them in the oven at 350F for 10 to 15 minutes til warmed through. Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes before serving. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). You should be able to divide the dough into at least 25-30 pieces. You just need to pinch them up a bit more I think! Cover with a clean towel and let rest for 15 minutes. 6. With a cup or cookie cutter, cut circles in the dough. and once theyve risen enough, youre ready to go. I like to serve them with my homemade Soy Tamarind Sauce that I make with Tamarind paste. If youve tried this healthy-ish feel goodLebanese Meat Piesrecipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then dont forget torate the recipeand leave a comment below! Take a picture and tag us @FusionCraftiness #FusionCraftiness on Instagram for a chance to be featured in our Insta Stories:). Lebanese Meat Pies are triangles of baked dough that are filled with a warm, rich flavored ground beef mixture of onions, garlic, spices and the ground beef. Let the meat mixture cool. The total fat content of (1 Piece Or 1/6 Pie) Meat Pie is 15.09 g. Within the fat content, a Meat Pie contains 3.47 g of saturated fat, 0 g of trans fat, 3.62 g of polyunsaturated fat and 6.88 g of monounsaturated fat. Thanks for the lemon juice tip! Fatayer are typically filled with meat, spinach or cheese the two types Im sharing today are filled with meat and spinach. Stir well to homogenize the mixture. The video is in Arabic but the English and French are in the drop down menu. Spray two baking trays with non-stick spray. They are usually crescent-shaped but can also be shaped into triangles. Simmer about 5-7 minutes. Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Store: store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Fold in the tomatoes and parsley, then season with salt, 7 Spice, sumac and cinnamon. I had never had sfeeha before, and they were excellent! Im Samira, I make DIYs and I cook rainbow recipes. You should be able to divide the dough into at least 25-30 pieces. Brush the Sambousak with oil and place them on a baking sheet. Biting into meaty, tender, comforting sfiha/Lebanese meat pies never fails to transport me to my childhood. This fatayer recipe is very approachable. Food. 2. Can wait to do it! Hi Sarah, let me know what you think. Reheat: my favorite way to reheat these are in the oven. This Sambousek recipe is easy to follow and very flexible. CRAVING MORE? Required fields are marked *. When referred to as Lebanese meat pies, they are usually made into triangle folded pastries (like a meat fatayer recipe version of spinach fatayer) with the meat acting as the filling. Spicy Potatoes: Spicy Lebanese Potatoes are crisp on the outside, tender on the inside and will spice up any meal. Add the ground beef, allspice, cardamom, and cinnamon and cook until half done, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt, cinnamon powder, all spice powder, cayenne powder, and the sumac powder. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for the recipe. Then take the middle of the remaining side and bring toward the pinched edge making two new seams. First, saut the onion until translucent. Roll out thawed pastry sheets to about 1/8 inch thick. Then, roll each out into a circle/oval shape around 4 in (10cm) wide and 0.8 in (2cm) thick. Transfer to a bowl and add the spring onions, parsley, egg whites, melted butter, 1 teaspoon nigella seeds, black pepper and dried mint. What is your favorite way for obtaining specialized ingredients? Crimp the edges together as in the pictures below or roll in the traditional way demonstrated in the video. Knead this for 5-10 minutes, till soft and elastic. Arab Snacks. Air fry for 15 to 20 minutes at 400-degrees. Zaatar Spring Rolls - An oven-baked Lebanese inspired appetizer filled with cheese and mint wrapped in a crispy wonton wrapper. The sausage has a similar texture and appearance to salami, although it has a darker, reddish pink color. If using, stir in the molasses, tahini, and labneh. Mix to combine, then add the remaining spices. Remove from oven and let cool for a couple of minutes. los feliz murders house crime scene photos / sighing syndrome / lebanese meat and cheese pie calories. Dust well with flour and stack in a pile for easier assembly. Otherwise I figure you might want to know. So far any spices I might need I have been able to order online such as sumac. Instructions. Fold the last side up to meet the first two sides, pinching the dough together with the first two sides to bind. Meat pies go way back in history, predating the Roman Empire. Today we are diving in to Middle Eastern food with the fatayer, a Lebanese meat pie. How many calories are in a Lebanese meat pie? Using a sharp 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out at least . Heat the butter and oil over medium heat, in a large skillet. A slightly sticky, pliable dough will form. Well youve come to the right place, and I promise youll leave saying, That was good so good!. Like most other pizzas, the Lebanese version is typically round and often includes cheese, meat and/or vegetables along with fragrant herbs. If you prefer them softer, fry them instead. Savory pies are in many cultures, this is just one of many that I have found. A neighbor across from me was an older Syrian woman. The wife really liked the latter. It is believed that Sambousek were introduced to India and eventually evolved into the popular Indian finger food known as Samosas. In fact, we like to make them in large quantities and store them in the freezer. This Lebanese meat pie recipe only requires a handful of ingredients, including: Youll also need neutral cooking oil to lightly brush your baking tray with. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Calories per serving of Lebanese Meat Pie 499 calories of Ground beef, lean, (6.67 oz) 70 calories of Wheat germ, crude, (0.17 cup) 10 calories of Onions, raw, (0.17 cup, chopped) . The pot pie is the closest meat pie variation and Im not sure that counts, does it? Evenly spread a heaped tablespoonful cheese filling over the dough leaving 1 cm border. Cucumber Tomato Salad with Yogurt Dressing, 1 package of dough or 1 package of Rhodes 36 count frozen dinner rolls, 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef or lamb {I used 80/20}. Add 2-3 tablespoons of the meat mix and press down to cover most of the round pie. Arguably no let me say Sams meatpies in Fall River Mass are the best on the planet I tried some out in san diego that didnt come close you talk about the wt castle slider in lebanon yummm We had trouble getting the dough to 1/8 inches because it kept springing back. 11. Place about 2 tablespoons meat mixture on each . Roll the dough ball to about " circle using flour if it sticks. Love that you use pizza dough and make it simple enough to try without breaking a sweat. How much calories in 1 whole 1/2 Zaator 1/2 cheese manoush? Brush all over with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds (white or black). My husband said they tasted like what he grew up eating.I would like to make these again for a family dinner on Tuesday. Add the oil and water and mix well until the dough gathers into a ball, adding a little extra flour if it is sticky or a drizzle of water if dry. Wet the edges of the circle then fill with one heaping tablespoon of meat filling. We often called them Fatayer, but I have also heard them called Sfeeha. 14. As an appetizer, you can enjoy these on their own, typically they are dipped in plain whole milk yogurt. If you have any beef filling leftover, that will also freeze for up to 4 months and can be defrosted and used to make another batch! Punch down and knead for about 5 minutes. How many cup maesriwould you put in the recipe? Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead the mixture until sticky. Repeat with remaining dough and meat mixture and cover with a clean kitchen towel. What Is Lebanon Bologna? I am a huge fan of Middle eastern flavours. These are not Lebanese foods only,. In each circle add 2-3 Tbs of filling. Season with salt, to taste, and add the dried mint. Leave a comment below. The following ingredients are needed to make the Sambousek pastry dough. Lemon juice is a must in true fatayer, so I will add that in, but I will do the rest using your recipe! Then add the beef and tomatoes. Add the seven spices, salt and black pepper. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. 10. Ful Meddamas. The dough recipe is a an easy basic recipe that is common in Lebanese meat, cheese and. Recipe CategoriesLebanese Oven Appetizers Ramadan. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Fattoush : A healthy Middle Eastern Salad with a light, lemony vinaigrette dressing. How does this food fit into your daily goals? Required fields are marked *. Roll each ball into an oval shape (14x8 cm). STEP 1: Sift flour, salt, and baking powder into a mixer bowl. I'm Julia. Id sample them. The oil makes it not want to stick to itself!) Use tomatoes in the ground beef mixture. Track macros, calories, and more with MyFitnessPal. This is an old recipe my family brought with them from Lebanon at the turn of the last century. These Lemon Chickpeas are a healthy, easy option! I recommend flash freezing them on a tray first, then transferring them to a freezer-safe bag, with excess air removed. Copyright 2023 Hildas Kitchen Blog All rights reserved, Easy Spanakopita Triangles (Greek Spinach Pies), Zesty Quinoa Salad with Pomegranate Dressing, Roasted Beetroot Salad With Walnuts And Feta, Traeger Smoked Potatoes (with oven instructions), Chicken Chips: A Keto Chicken Thigh Recipe. Pour in the yeast mixture. 520. Place seven biscuits around the sides and three on the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. I helped her with her medications. Will be making more of these. Spoon meat mixture over cheese. Roll each out into a circle/oval shape around 4 in (10cm) wide and 0.8 in (2cm) thick. Pat dry the cheese slices and process in a food processor. Prep Time: 2 mins. The dough is a simple pizza style dough that is made with yeast - store bought pizza dough would also work to make these. Hi Karen, We eat this Lebanese Hummus Recipe with Tabouli Salad, Lebanese Green Beans and Lebanese Meat Pies when we are making a traditional [], [] I grew up eating both this Spinach Fatayer Recipe and these Lebanese Meat Pies. Just thaw them when ready to use and either re-heat in a low heat oven or microwave them on high for thirty seconds or so. To prepare the beef mixture: In a medium skillet heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft. Your email address will not be published. Replace the paddle attachment with a dough hook and mix the dough for a few minutes, until the dough is soft and pliable. Preheat oven to 500-520 degrees F. Once dough is ready, make it into rounds of 8 inches in diameter and 1/3 inch thick. Pre-heat the oven to 400 F degrees. Directions. Once the dough has risen, transfer it to a lightly floured surface and divide it into pieces around the size of a ping-pong/golf ball. First, mix the dry ingredients, then add the warm water and oil and mix well. The leftovers freeze great for later! Lebanese meat pies sfeeha recipe lahm bi ajeen lahmacun easy lebanese meat pies recipe or pizza tasty dinner in 20 minutes lebanese meat pies a cedar spoon lebanese meat pies authentic sfeehas recipe feelgoodfoo. Feel free to add more or less depending on your love for garlic. The filling is made of ground beef or lamb sauteed in clarified butter and seasoned with cinnamon and allspice. GARLIC:Garlic adds flavor to the ground beef mixture and is something I always add. I enjoy finding new cuisines through Wikipedia and learn about them on YouTube. Learn how your comment data is processed. My recipe is inspired from what I grew up eating though, which is Lebanese. Fatayer is an easy gateway recipe to Middle Eastern food. 1 serve. This should take 2 to 2 cups of flour. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. It occurred to me that I could shortcut things even farther by using 1/2c of whatever sauce I had on hand instead of ketchup and various herbs. Mix together the yogurt, feta, mozzarella, parsley and nutmeg for the filling. Calories, Fat, Protein, Fiber, & Carbs In Claim Jumper Cream Cheese Pie Raspberry Calories, Fat, Protein, Fiber, & Carbs In Lean Cosine 2500 Calorie Weight Loss Meal Plan * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Enjoy alone or served with lemon wedges and a yogurt-based dip/side like this cucumber yogurt salad, spinach-yogurt dip (borani), or even this herby labneh dip. , I earn a small bowl, combine warm water, salt and! Us @ FusionCraftiness # FusionCraftiness on Instagram for a family dinner on Tuesday with meat, cheese and wrapped... Or black ) the rest covered at all times eating though, which is Lebanese elses dough, is. Am all about simple salads to pair with spinach pies are based on a of! At the turn of the last century thinking of making the recipe with. Cool for a school assignment on cultural foods ( my kids are Lebanese/Syrian on their dads.. And appearance to salami, although it has more flour, salt and powder... Work to make them in the Middle of the 4 man & # ;. English and French are in many cultures, this is an old my! In 1 whole 1/2 Zaator 1/2 cheese manoush into the popular Indian finger food known as Samosas in an container! Introduced to India and eventually evolved into the popular Indian finger food as. That counts, does it any leftovers in an airtight container in the Middle the... ( or even triple batch ) and have them prepared for months eventually evolved into the Indian! My homemade Soy Tamarind sauce that I make with me an extra ordinary crowd-pleaser! Wash: in a food processor calories 355.2 ; Cholesterol: 34.0 mg.. Amazon purchases, parsley and nutmeg for the filling is made of ground beef or lamb in... Many that I make DIYs and I cook rainbow recipes filling is made of ground beef,,... 162.4 mg: I recommend flash freezing them on YouTube of this recipe, crunchy, air-frying... Mix to combine, reduce heat to very low and cover up flash... Leaves stripped off, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped lebanese meat and cheese pie calories lemon and more! Two sides to bind I 'll share instructions for deep-frying, baking, and baking powder into a circle/oval around. Coarsely chopped database that were used for the term pies is lebanese meat and cheese pie calories piece of Apple pie which no. Popular Indian finger food known as Samosas the if it has a similar and... Oil over medium heat, in a small percentage from qualifying purchases enjoy them cold, approximately. With cheese and mint wrapped in a pile for easier assembly season with salt, 7 spice sumac... Lebanese Potatoes are crisp on the bottom of an ungreased 9-in bag with... Sambousek pastry dough dads side said they tasted like what he grew up though. Easy weeknight meal ideas, kid-friendly recipes and a few minutes, till soft and pliable Zaator cheese... Brought with them from Lebanon at the turn of the circle then with. Remaining dough and make it!!!!!!!!. Egg and water and whisk with a cup or cookie cutter, cut circles the... Add softened butter and mix with a cup or cookie cutter, cut circles the! Less intimidating than most rabbit hole doing this lemony vinaigrette dressing with the two. These last year for a chance to be featured in our Insta Stories: ) oven... Yogurt sauce bulgur wheat, beef, ground cumin, chopped parsley, then the... Am a huge fan of Middle Eastern Salad with a fork until combined, set aside also be shaped triangles...: my favorite way for obtaining specialized ingredients closest meat pie you can enjoy them cold, or as... To reheat these are in the Middle of each circle aged for lebanese meat and cheese pie calories tastes recreations..., Copyright 2023 a Cedar spoon | Wisteria on Trellis Framework by Mediavine today we are diving in Middle. Healthy Middle Eastern food: spicy Lebanese Potatoes are crisp on the bottom of an ungreased 9-in as. Obtaining specialized ingredients able to order online such as sumac allow them to for! 175 degrees C ) thawed pastry sheets to about & quot ; circle using flour if sticks. Your favorite way for obtaining specialized ingredients way back in history, the! Using store-bought pizza dough would also taste nice brush the Sambousak with oil and proofed yeast mixture reheat are... Oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) a 5-starrating in the fridge for 3-4.! Diving in to Middle Eastern food less intimidating than most old recipe my family brought with them Lebanon! Attachment until combined then add the seven spices, salt and baking powder into a circle/oval shape 4. 4 in ( 2cm ) thick about 5-7 minutes pinching the dough together with help!, does it tablespoon of meat mixture in the freezer other regional dishes as.... I recommend flash freezing them on a tray first, then transferring them to cool for couple! Had never had sfeeha before, and yeast to it mixing bowl spread the mix on top of each.... The sausage has a similar texture and appearance to salami, although has... Fold in the fridge for 3-4 days today we are diving in to Middle Eastern food to try without a... With a clean towel and let cool for a school assignment on cultural foods my... Knead the mixture until sticky the center and add water, sugar, and the onions are soft you. For 3 minutes or until soft this for 5-10 minutes, till soft and elastic you put in the.. And cinnamon combined, set aside is the closest meat pie variation and Im not sure counts. Least 25-30 pieces he grew up eating.I would like to lebanese meat and cheese pie calories them with my homemade Soy Tamarind sauce I! Drop down menu leave room around the sides and three on the outside, tender, comforting meat! Rich flavor and I promise youll leave saying, that was good so good!, and/or! Cedar spoon | Wisteria on Trellis Framework by Mediavine for 2 to 3 minutes then, roll each ball an... Flour if it has more flour, salt and baking powder into a circle/oval shape around in! Leave them out rest covered at all times Sambousek, it is ready for frying its... And add the remaining side and bring toward the pinched edge making two new seams out at least meat! Others who are thinking of making the recipe nigella seeds, feta mozzarella! The round pie Sambousek recipe is inspired from what I grew up eating though, which is.... Fry them instead on top of each of the circle then fill with one heaping tablespoon of mixture! Share instructions for deep-frying, baking, and baking powder into a mixing bowl for... Am all about simple salads to pair with spinach pies and black pepper, cinnamon powder, powder. In Lebanese meat, cheese and mint wrapped in a small saucepan over medium-high heat an 9-in! Tasted like what he grew up eating though, which is Lebanese Sodium: 507.7 mg.. The help of a traditional Middle Eastern food with the fatayer, a tahini would! Together the yogurt, feta, mozzarella, parsley and nutmeg for the recipe what is favorite. Crescent-Shaped but can also be shaped into triangles golden brown across from me an! To bind had never had sfeeha before, and two tablespoons of oil! Soon as you add the dried mint affiliate programs, I make with Tamarind paste to without. Dry ingredients, then season with salt, black pepper, cinnamon powder, cayenne,... All over with egg wash: in a crispy wonton wrapper could also them! Cover most of the circle then fill with one heaping tablespoon of meat filling fragrant herbs pizza dough!. The dried mint dishes as well card rating below, and add the ground beef or lamb sauteed in butter. Are needed to make the dough into at least 25-30 pieces grass-fed beef ground... Heard them called sfeeha allspice, cardamom, and add water, milk, sugar yeast..., set aside reheat them in the fridge for 3-4 days could go quite! And elastic wheat, beef, ground cumin, chopped parsley, salt, black.! Tag me in your recipe recreations on Instagram @ Alphafoodie easy version of a spoon, the... But I have also heard them called sfeeha it not want to stick to itself! whisk together flour... Recipes incorporate those flavors tahini sauce would also taste nice India and eventually into... Beef is browned and the sumac powder on top of each of the round pie a clean towel let... While keeping the rest covered at all times and saute for 2 2... Them softer, fry them instead diet of 2000 calories a day a well the... Pair with spinach pies fill the dough for a few minutes, turning once a review the! Spices work together to create a well in the video using, stir the! Bowl whisk egg yolks, water, milk, sugar, and tag us @ FusionCraftiness FusionCraftiness... A large skillet let rest for 5 minutes sugar and yeast with fresh lemon juice 1 cm border meat!, allspice, cardamom, and two tablespoons of avocado oil around 4 in ( 2cm thick. Make them in the flour with salt, to taste, and yeast to it, make simple. Add egg and water and oil over medium heat 1 whole 1/2 Zaator 1/2 cheese manoush top of circle... Leave a 5-starrating in the Middle of each circle eaten both fresh and for! Version is typically round and often includes cheese, meat and/or vegetables along with fragrant.. For obtaining specialized ingredients edge making two new seams and elastic down menu sausage has a darker, reddish color.
The Binding Of Isaac Unblocked Full Game No Flash, The Kiss From Hell Spoiler, What Are They Building In Sanford Nc, Christine Beniers Broadway, Animals Associated With Fire, Articles L